Today I'm just having one of those days. I'm sure you all can relate to me when I say that currently my mood status is set to "meh." I've already had a cuddle, vent and cry on Boyfriend which has made me feel heaps better. And there's a Dominoes on the way for extra comfort. But still, I just can't help but be down in the dumps.
But I'm very much a glass half full kinda gal, and, in the spirit of positivity, I have taken to my keyboard and wanted to create a tag post to share my top five feel good films. One of these babies will more than likely be entertaining us tonight. These are the films that never cease to get me out of a funk. By creating this tag, I hope that we can all spread some positive energy, discover new films, and help lift each other up by remembering the good things in life for when the road gets tough.
The rules for the tag are simple:
Share your top five feel-good films.
Tag five people to do this post.
Tweet & Leave a comment on this post when you have done the tag and tell me one good thing you are grateful for today.
1. Jaws: I really can't tell you why I love this film, but I do. I really love this film. I have this thing about sharks where I don't know much about them, I'm a bit scared thinking about them, yet I find them fascinating. And to think of a giant great white lurking in unsuspecting waters....Well, it just gets me giddy.
2. Jurassic Park: Like with sharks, I think dinosaurs are pretty awesome. Thinking about dinosaurs put the universe in to perspective for me. How mind boggling is it to think that dinosaurs walked the earth...Our earth....millions of years ago..... I mean. Wow. Just wow. Having said that I wouldn't like to meet a dinosaur, but any film with them in and I'm there. And the Jurassic Park trilogy takes the biscuit!
3. The Hunger Games: I loved the trilogy of books, and I love the films just as much. I think Jennifer Lawrence plays an amazing Catniss and I never tire of watching the first two films. They aren't just for older children, they are for everybody, and I think the way that the books have been brought to life is great. I'm counting down the days until the next instalment comes out.
4. Father of the Bride: Classic film for my generation in my opinion. I must have watched the two films a hundred times at least, They completely define what a comfy, cosy evening should be like, and watching them makes me feel all fuzzy inside. The cast is fantastic, and sticking on these films instantly lifts my mood and clears my mind.
5. Wreck-It Ralph: As soon as this film came out I knew I was going to love it. No questions asked. I bought it on DVD, and for the next week I watched it solidly. I think it is a gorgeous film. I love the characters, the story, and how good it makes you feel. I am always cheering for Wreck-It Ralph. You just want him to come through and defy all the odds he faces.
I now tag:
Saloca in Wonderland
Sparkly Shell Cosmetics
and anybody else who wants to do this tag post too!
Today, I am very grateful to be in a relationship where blubbering is not an issue, because I have just snotted and teared up all over Boyfriend, and I feel soooooo much better for venting my emotions.